What is HVIA?
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) is an industry association that represents and advances the interests of manufacturers and suppliers of heavy vehicles and their components, equipment and technology.
Our membership includes almost every major truck manufacturer/importer, most of Australia’s major trailer manufacturers and an ever-growing list of their suppliers and distributors.
How many training courses does HVIA offer?
- Heavy Vehicles 101
- Best Practice Tyre Management
- Load Restraint Fundamentals
Who should take the HVIA’s training courses?
‘Heavy Vehicles 101’ is the ideal introduction to Australia’s trucking industry.
The course should be taken by:
- New entrants to the industry – it is suitable for all persons, at any level
- Existing participants in the industry who are sometimes confused by some of the terminology used in other sectors or specialist areas.
- Staff in Government Departments and other agencies that need to deal with the heavy vehicle industry and are seeking to improve their understanding of the terminology
- Customers of the heavy vehicle industry seeking to improve their understanding of the terminology.
‘Best Practice Tyre Management’, and ‘Load Restraint Fundamentals’ are slightly more advanced than HV101, but are both still accessible to persons at any level.
They are specifically recommended to the following:
- Staff directly involved in ‘front-line’ heavy vehicle operations, such as transport management, maintenance, support, and driving
- Managers, executives, and other parties wishing to understand their Chain of Responsibility obligations in these areas
What format are the courses offered in?
The courses are all completely online, and are best undertaken using a desktop computer with a high-speed internet connection (e.g. NBN or ADSL2).
How long do the courses take to complete?
Each course will take between 3-4 hours to complete, depending on the learner’s reading speed.
During the courses you can stop and start at any time, the system will automatically save where you are at.
You are also able to go back and review any Topics and Lessons already completed via the Course Content menu.
How much do they cost?
Refer to the course pages for pricing details. If member discounts are offered, they will be outlined there.
Is it possible to purchase a number of enrolments for a group?
Yes, if taking this option, please select “Group” when adding the course to your cart.
This will set you up as the Group Leader.
When you have finished the purchase, you will see a button that will take you to the Group Leader Dashboard.
From there you will be able to add your user’s details and an automated email will be sent to them to start the course.
If I buy multiple enrolments, how long do I have to use them?
Enrolments stay active for 2 years from the purchase date.
When purchasing a group you will have access to the Group Leader Dashboard where you can manage the users.